Application Guidelines (2018-2019 academic year)
The LHP Professional Development Activities Grant (PDAG) is a component of the Law and Humanities Program meant to encourage ongoing LHP beneficiaries to enhance their professional development by participating in extra-curricular activities and by building an academic or professional network outside their education institution. For this purpose, the LHP PDAG supports LHP students’ participations in various academic activities (as listed below), in their own countries or abroad during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Academic Conferences or Symposiums (application form available here)
Research Projects (application form available here) Important: the research should not be connected to the mandatory academic requirements of the student.
Summer Schools (application form available here)
Fellowships or Internships* (application form available here)
Computer literacy courses (application form available here)
*The above listed activities may be organized in the residence country of the applicant or abroad (i.e. regional or international events).
- Applicants must be ongoing (2017-2018 academic year) REF LHP scholarship recipients by the time of submitting an application for the LHP PDAG;
- Applicants must prove, with adequate documentation, that they have been accepted to participate at the professional development activity (acceptance letter indicating the name of the applicant, the time-frame of the PDAG activity that they will be attend, and the cost of the activity;
- Applicants must provide verified and detailed information about the level of costs for the intended activity (pro-forma invoice, or invoice indicating the cost for the intended activity / printouts or screenshots from relevant webpages indicating pricing and/or letters from organizers are also acceptable);
- Applicants must provide proof of confirmation in case the requested financial support from LHP PDAG is covered partially by the organizers or the service providers of the PDAG activity that the applicant wants to attend, or by any other third-party. In such case please provide to REF SP the relevant details and proofs;
- Retroactive PDAG activities, such as those that occurred before the launching of the PDAG cycle for 2017-2018 academic year (i.e. before March 2018) are not eligible.
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria do not necessarily guarantee the granting of the PDAG support.
REF SP accepts applications for one or more of the listed types of PDAG activities.
To apply for an LHP PDAG, LHP 2018-2019 scholarship beneficiaries must complete the PDAG Offline Application Form for the corresponding PDAG activity for which they wish to receive funding, and submit it along with the requested documents / attachments, as specified in the respective application form.
We encourage the interested candidates to send their applications as early as possible after the launching of the PDAG (from March 2018 onwards).
In case of equally good applications, priority will be given to students who have not benefited of a PDAG funding before.
The completed Offline Application Form(s) must be sent to: REFLHP_PDF@romaeducationfund.org
In order to properly identify your application, please indicate in the subject line of the email, the following: PDAG application (the type of the PDAG activity) and your name, for example: “PDAG Academic Conference /Igor Pavlov ”; “PDAG / Igor Pavlov” etc.
The submitted offline applications forms are reviewed for the eligibility and content, shortly after submission, and as long as they meet both administrative and quality criteria they are selected for funding on a first-come-first-served basis.
LHP PDAG applications are accepted until end of June 2018; the PDF activity must take place and be completed by end of August 2019.
LHP PDAG applications for activities that took place before launching of the PDAG announcement (March 2019), or will unfold beyond August 2019, will not be considered eligible.
Allocation of the LHP PDAG financial support is made on a competitive basis considering the following aspects:
- The applicant’s general academic standing;
- How closely is the nature / focus of the PDAG event / activity related to the academic specialization pursued by the applicant;
- Expressed motivation for pursuing the PDF activity;
- The value and importance of the activity / event for applicant’s academic field and/or for applicant’s personal and professional development, career prospect;
- The overall comprehensibility and coherence of the application and the sound arguments provided in support of the pursued PDAG activity.
REF SP will announce, on the website, the closing of the PDAG component, when the allocated budget is exhausted.
All beneficiaries of a LHP-Professional Development Activities Grant will be expected to submit to their Country Coordinator a report on the funded activity, together with financial justifications (i.e. payment receipts), no later than 2 weeks after the completion of the activity/event. The submission of the above mentioned report is a condition for the further participation in the upcoming REF Scholarship Program schemes.
You can find the Report Form here
The submission of the PDAG Report Form is mandatory; failure to do so will disqualify the applicant from the future PDAG competitions as well as from the future REF SP scholarship cycles.
According to REF Scholarship Program policies and procedures the applicants found responsible for submitting to REF forged or false documents and information shall not be further considered for REF SP scholarship schemes or additional components, and for other REF programs.
In case you become a recipient of a PDAG grant in 2017-18 academic year, please note that all the Contractual Obligations (page 6 of your scholarship Online Application Form – OAF) which are applicable to your scholarship grant are valid for the PDAG grant as well.
For any further question related to the LHP-Professional Development Activities Grant, please contact the Country Coordinator in your country.
Roma National Center Moldova
109/1, Alexei Mateevici str., of. 306, 307
Chişinău, MD-2009 Moldova
Tel: (+373 22) 227099
Fax: (+373 22) 244667
Mob: 069 674 307
“Children of St.Petersburg’
Tel: +7 921 434 83 39
Postal address: Russia, 196106, St. Petersburg, post box 247, “Deti Peterburga”
International Renaissance Foundation – Kyiv (Ukraine)
Artema St., 46, Kyiv 04053, Ukraine
Tel: +380 (44) 461 9500