Important: the REF Scholarship Program is addressed exclusively to persons of Roma ethnicity!
PROGRAM RATIONALE AND PHILOSOPHY
The main goal of Roma Education Fund’s Scholarship Program (REF SP) is to contribute to the emergence of a critical mass of Roma, higher education graduates, confident and proud of their Roma identity, academically and socially adept, equipped with skills and competences that enable them to become professionals in their fields, as well as remain solidly connected to the Roma community and support its further advancement and inclusion into the wider society.
To achieve this goal, REF SP provides support to Roma students to facilitate their access to higher education within their countries of residence or abroad, support their academic efforts during their studies, and successfully graduate. Scholarships are provided for one academic year, and students can renew their application and enter the scholarship competition launched every year.
The REF SP offers merit-based, open competition academic scholarships for Roma students pursuing Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degrees at state-accredited universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
In order to assist the interested candidates to successfully complete and submit their Online Application Form (OAF), REF SP provides scholarship scheme-specific information and Application Guidelines, as indicated below.
REF SP scholarship schemes
- Roma Memorial University Scholarship Program (RMUSP);
- Law and Humanities Program (LHP);
- Roma Health Scholarship Program (RHSP);
- Roma International Scholar Program (RISP).
NEW: GET REF SP’s Smartphone Application and stay tuned with the updates!
- Deadline for Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Kosovo: 15th May, 2019
- Deadline for Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Turkey: 17th May, 2019
LHP (Moldova, Russia, Ukraine)
Deadline May 14, 2019
RHSP (Bulgaria, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Deadline: July 25, 2019. The system will be opened for RISP applications on 7st June 2018.
REF SP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Important: Applicants are strongly advised to read carefully the scholarship schemes’ specific application guidelines, in order to be able to understand the requirements and ensure successful compliance and completion of their online application form (OAF).
Please contact the Country Coordinator only in case you require clarifications that are not found in the guidelines.
ROMA MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (RMUSP) – Application Guidelines for the academic year 2019-2020 here
- Professional Development Fund (PDF)-guidelines for 2018-2019 academic year and offline application form are available here
LAW AND HUMANITIES PROGRAM (LHP) – Application Guidelines for the academic year 2019-2020 here
- Professional Development Activities Grant (PDAG) – guidelines for 2018-2019 academic year are available here
- Language Courses Grants – Only selected applicants in Autumn 2019 will be eligible for this grant which will be announced December 2019
- NEW Small-Scale Projects Grants – guidelines for 2018-2019 academic year are available here
ROMA HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (RHSP) – Application Guidelines for the academic year 2019-2020 here
- NEW: Additional components – guidelines for 2018-2019 academic year and offline application forms are available here
- NEW: Small-Scale Project Grants – guideline and the offline application and report form for 2018-2019 academic year (also for former beneficiaries) here
ROMA INTERNATIONAL SCHOLAR PROGRAM (RISP)
Lists of REF SP beneficiaries for past scholarship cycles are available here.